“Personal Information” is information that identifies you or could be combined by the Company or the Company’s services providers or affiliates with other information to identify you.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Personal Information the Company collects about you will depend on the manner in which you access or use the Training Services or any content provided through the Training Services and may include:
- your name, age, or contact information, such as your mailing address, telephone number, or email address, or other similar information associated with you;
- information about your athletic and cognitive performance, including data reflecting your response times, reaction times, visual acuity, spatial perception, and weights and measures reflecting any of them, including in respect of various situations and tasks;
- information about your physical and mental characteristics, including your height, weight, sex, gender, body mass, muscle mass, and strength;
- when accessing software, app and web-based Training Services, your location, time-zone setting network information, device type, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and version, operating system and platform, language, standard web log data, and IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet or other similar identifier, or the equipment you use to access or use the Training Services and usage details;
- when accessing software, app and web-based Training Services, data on the pages, services, or content you access or use on or through the Training Services, including the amount of time you spend on certain pages, products or services you viewed or searched for, clickstreams to, through, and from the Training Services, page response times, downloads and download errors, page interactions, or methods used to browse away from the Training Services;
- billing or account information, if applicable; and
- any other Personal Information that you choose to submit to us.
ReactForge Training Services are not directed to any person who is not the legal age of majority under applicable law, unless a parent or legal guardian of such person has consented. The Company will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person who is not the legal age of majority under applicable law without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
The Company will provide you with access to your Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation, and may decline to provide you access to your Personal Information on the basis that such Personal Information is:
- protected by solicitor-client privilege; or
- part of a legal proceeding, government or regulatory investigation or process, or otherwise part of a formal dispute resolution process.
Where the Company is unable to provide you with access to your Personal Information, reasons will be provided subject to any legal or regulatory restriction.
The security of your Personal Information is important to the Company. The Company protects your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational, and technological safeguards against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft, or misuse appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information. Personal Information collected by the Company may only be accessed by persons within the Company who require access to provide you with access to, use of, or content, services, or products provided on or through the Training Services. The Personal Information the Company collects is maintained on secure, local media or using secure cloud environments.
Although the Company takes precautions against breaches of or unauthorized access to your Personal Information, no company can fully eliminate the risks of such breaches or unauthorized access and no website is completely secure. The Company cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or breaches of the Company’s security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit Personal Information to the Company by any means if you consider that Personal Information to be sensitive.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, the Company retains Personal Information that it collects only as long as necessary for the purposes for which such Personal Information was collected. The Company reserves the right to use anonymous and de-identified information, including anonymized or otherwise de-identified Personal Information, for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you and without your Consent.
USING AND DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Use of Personal Information by the Company
The Company collects Personal Information to provide you with better Training Services, and, with respect to the software, app and web-based Training Services, a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience through or on the software, app and web-based Training Services or any content on the software, app and web-based Training Services. The Company may use your Personal Information to:
- improve the Company’s analytics, data, machine learning methods, deep learning methods, algorithms, weights, measures, and other proprietary tools and information that allow the Company to refine its Training Services;
- add to the Company’s dataset regarding cognitive and athletic performance in order to improve the Training Services;
- deliver individualized Training Services to you;
- create anonymized, pseudonymized and de-identified databases of athletic and cognitive performance information, statistics and metrics that can be used by the Company for Training Services or shared with or licensed to third parties;
- provide you with content, services, or products on or though the Training Services;
- customize, measure, and improve the Training Services or content provided on or through the software, app and web-based Training Services, or otherwise analyze or manage the Company’s business operations or Training Services;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, or promotional offers base on your communication preferences;
- send you things in the mail or through other channels, such as products or services that you have requested;
- register you for, or authenticate you when you sign into, an account or software, app and web-based Training Services or when you purchase a product or service, or to provide you with notices about such accounts, subscriptions, or purchases;
- otherwise fulfill the purposes for which you have provided Personal Information or that were described when such Personal Information was collected; or
- carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent, or which are otherwise permitted or required by law.
The Company may combine all the Personal Information the Company collects, including yours, in order to analyze and understand aggregate trends and to improve the Training Services.
The Company may transfer your Personal Information to third-parties that assist the Company with the use of Personal Information described in “Use of Personal Information by the Company”, above. Such third-parties may combine Personal Information provided by the Company with other information that they have independently collected from or about you. Some third-parties may be located outside of Canada and may accordingly be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada.
The Company requires that all third-parties that received any Personal Information from the Company use the same standards as the Company in using, maintaining, disclosing, and protecting such Personal Information.
The Company may share or sell aggregated, non-personally identifiable information to third-parties. For clarity, the Company does not sell Personal Information. The Company may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly to show trends about the general use of the Training Services, or any content, services, or products provided on or through the Training Services.
Other Disclosures of Personal Information
The Company may transfer information about you, including Personal Information, in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency of bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of the Company’s business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other changes in corporate control.
METHODS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information Provided to the Company by You
Personal Information the Company collects from you on or through the Training Services and as a result of your access to or use of the Training Services or any content on or through the Training Services may include Personal Information you provide the Company directly, for example by:
- submitting, posting, publishing, displaying, or otherwise transmitting information through web or app-based interfaces of the Company;
- filling in forms including application forms and online forms, making search queries, or corresponding with the Company on or through the Training Services, or otherwise communicating with the Company by any means including by phone or email; or
- if applicable or available through or on the Training Services: creating or registering for an account; subscribing, purchasing, or requesting information on a service or product including the Training Services; or entering a contest or promotion.
Information Collected by the Company Through Technologically Means
- your athletic and cognitive performance, including information about your athletic and cognitive performance, including data reflecting your response times, reaction times, visual acuity, spatial perception, and weights and measures reflecting any of them, including in respect of various situations and tasks, and information about your physical and mental characteristics, including your height, weight, sex, gender, body mass, muscle mass, and strength;
- the device or equipment you use to access software, app and web-based services, including information about your computer or mobile device, internet connection, IP address, operating system, and browser type; or
- your browsing activities and patterns, including information about your visits to the app or website providing Training Services such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other similar communication data.
This information helps the Company deliver the Training Services, and also improve the Training Services and the content available on or through the software, app and web-based aspects of the Training Services and otherwise improve the services of the Company by:
- helping the Company understand audience sizes and usage patterns on the software, app and web-based Training Services;
- allowing the Company to tailor the Training Services to your preferences and interests; and
- recognizing you when you visit or use the software, app and web-based Training Services multiple times.
The technologies used by the Company to automatically collect the information described above may include cookies, which are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer. You can turn off cookies using your internet browser but doing so may limit or remove certain parts of the software, app and web-based Training Services, certain content on the software, app and web-based Training Services, or the functionality of the software, app and web-based Training Services.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE